It may be possible to use certain GARDENA pumps to increase pressure. However, when doing so, you must ensure that the maximum permissible internal pump pressure is not exceeded. The maximum internal pressure is usually approx. 6 bar and is shown in the technical specifications in the operating instructions. The inlet pressure to be increased must be added to the maximum achievable pressure of the garden pump. This total pressure must not be higher than the maximum permissible internal pump pressure. Otherwise the pump could be damaged. Prerequisites 1. If necessary, the pre-pressure of the water pipe must be limited to 1–2 bar by using a pressure reducer available from plumbing specialists. 2. It must also be taken into account that the pump's output not only increases the pressure, but also draws more water. This higher amount of water must be available from the water pipe. 3. The connection between the water pipe and the pump must be resistant to pressure and negative pressure, and must be vacuum-resistant. Do not use GARDENA Suction Hoses or Suction Units. The following GARDENA pumps are designed for this specific type of use: GARDENA Garden Pump 3000/4, Art. No. 1707-20, max. pressure: 3.6 bar, max. recommended pre-pressure: 2 bar GARDENA Garden Pump 3500/4 Jet, Art. No. 1709-20, max. pressure: 4.1 bar, max. recommended pre-pressure: 1.5 bar Warning: if Electronic Pressure Switch, Art. No. 1739-20, is to be used to automatically control these pumps, the maximum recommended pressure must not generally be higher than 1.5 bar. If quick-closing valves are used (washing machine, irrigation valves, etc.), you must avoid pressure surges by using flexible, pressure-resistant hoses. Because of their high performance levels, our electronic pressure pumps and pressure tank units are generally not to be used to increase pressure.
Articles in this section
- How many irrigation cycles can I set daily using the Watering Control systems?
- Can I shut off the pop-up sprinklers?
- Is the Micro-Drip-System suitable for hard water?
- Can I also water manually using the auto Water Distributor?
- Are the 4-channel distributors frost-proof?
- What does the lock symbol in My garden planner do?
- Sprinklers are not connected in My garden planner; what can I do?
- How can I change the spring direction/sector of the sprinkler in My garden planner?
- How can I lock areas drawn in My garden planner so that they cannot be changed?
- How can I move the garden in My garden planner?